F53-022: Use Project Management Tools and Processes, Especially When You’re Small – Brandon Uttley
Listen To The Show
Brandon Uttley – Go For Launch
Brandon used to run a web design company and a digital agency and now he’s an entrepreneur. He has a great little story about how he got there which had hiccups along the way. Brandon and I reminisce a little bit about being in business and podcasting as well as some tools we use. This is a good show and I hope you enjoy it.
Brandon is the Founder and CEO of Go For Launch, an educational and marketing resource for entrepreneurs. He is also the author of a new #1 Amazon bestselling book, Pod Castaway: My Search for Podcasting Fame and Fortune. Prior to his current role, Brandon co-founded and was CEO of Command Partners, a digital marketing agency. He was also the Co-founder and President of Carbonhouse, Inc., a nationally recognized web design firm. Brandon became an entrepreneur after a successful career working with several top marketing and PR firms.
Topics We Discuss:
- Getting intentional about starting a business
- The power of having mentors
- Good project management system for small business
- The challenges of being a solopreneur
- Balancing new projects versus current operations: The 70-15-15 split
- Scheduling time and blocking time off to focus on your priorities
- The process of hiring for greatness
- Dealing with the struggle of giving away your own voice
- Writing vs. podcasting
- Content creation: Overcoming the “shiny object” syndrome
- Filtering emails: Brandon’s I.V. rule (Interesting or Vital?)
- Getting Things Done – delegation, deletion, deferment
- Other cool tools Brandon uses daily
Books, People, & Resources:
Getting Things Done by David Allen
Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
Thanks For Listening
I’d love to hear from you. If you enjoyed the show please share the love. You can use the social media buttons, leave me some feedback Ratings and Reviews, or reach out to me on my contact page. iTunes rates and Reviews have a major impact on the ranking of a show and they are extremely helpful. I personally read each review and comment.
Don’t forget to subscribe to get up-to-date shows right to your device.
If you need more information on coaching or consulting, you can hop over to my coaching page.
Some of the links above are affiliate links. That basically means I get a commission for referring you to their site ONLY if you buy something. This doesn’t, in any way diminish their value. Amazon and the other affiliates incentivize me for helping you find products on their sites.